Pastor Russ (right) receives our newest member by profession of faith into the church family of St. Paul East. Joining St. Paul East is such a wonderful experience…so much more than just adding a name to the church roster. Below is the profession of faith that is used at St. Paul when a new member joins:
- Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world, and repent of your sins? I do.
- Do you accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves? I do.
- Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve Him as your Lord, in union with the church which Christ has opened to people of all ages, nations, and races? I do.
- Reception into the United Methodist Church -As a member of Christ’s universal church, will you be loyal to Christ through the United Methodist Church, and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries? I will.
- Reception into the Local Congregation -As a member of this congregation, will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your services, and your witness? I will.